Buying Swing: At 162.50 I am at the maximum loss for the we

Here is where we post regarding stock picks on our swing trading ideas, from multi-day to multi-week both stock and option calls and puts, on the Nasdaq or NYSE.
MMASSASSIN
Trading for living

Buying Swing: At 162.50 I am at the maximum loss for the we

Post by MMASSASSIN »

Buying Swing: At 162.50 I am at the maximum loss for the week on , and this one is a big big loss since its a loss on a credit spread.
Its like having max gain on butterflies but the opposite

But with that said am looking to erase some losses , so what would erase the losses ?
The obvious would be a bounce to 164 from a gap down would put us at a profit from 164 pCS. this would alone erase all major losses. but without such a bounce this becomes a very very bad week.
So what can we do to fix the situation?
what I tried to do yesterday was buy 166 at 12 cents for incase we bounced we could either lock in or we could create a free credit spread to erase losses. Obviously now it looks like that strategy will instead add another 1x to the losses.
So for this morning we will still look to do the same strategy that cost us another 1x loss yesterday at the close. so we will be watching this time the calls to buy a call with a similarly cheap premium, something between 10-20 cents of premium. With this sort of volatility and not knowing where we will open its hard to know what strike that would be, but lets say it was the 163.50 strike for the sake of the example. Lets say we get into these calls at .15 cents due to a strong gap down as it looks we may very well get on . We buy these calls 1x oversized trying to time a bounce, and on the bounce we look for a premium of .50 cents or more on 163 calls or 1.00 or more if we chose the 162.50 calls(so other 1 or 2 strikes below the long initial leg. What this leaves us is in the money credit spreads that can lose only 1x oversized or less, and that can make us 4x oversized return, or more.(by the way it will probably be a higher strike than 163.50 but the strategy would be the same just starting at a strike or 2 higher starting point. Obviously the lower the strike that we can get for that 10-20 cent price area the better.
The reason this strategy could erase all losses so quickly is because today is thursday so only 1 more day till expire. Plus calls premiums during free fall can get exaggeratedly cheap. And finally a bounce during volatility can and often does during this time yield very large and very quick gains if timed right. We have in the past been down worse than we are today and erased the full loss before expire by having a strategy and this is the one I plan on following this morning.

This trade is one part of a larger strategy so please look back at Previous posts to see the whole picture. AND IF YOU ARE NEW, PAPER TRADE FOR AT LEAST A FEW MONTHS because this is ADVANCED OPTIONS TRADING !!